- Set realistic goals
- Example: losing 10lbs in one week is not realistic or healthy
- Make your goals attainable because once we experience success we want to keep going and sometimes achieve more than we expected. Set them to high = failure = throwing in the towel.
- Be specific
- What specifically do you want to achieve? We need details!!
- Commit to goals
- If you are not committed stop here...people who achieve results commit!
- Make a plan of attack to achieve goals
- You need an action plan of what you are going to do to achieve these goals.
- Write your plan down (paper, iPad, any place you can see it)
- Reevaluate often
- Sometimes things don't work out or if you are lucky you experience more success. Make sure you reevaluate your goals so they are in line with your goals, wants, and needs.
1. Why are you currently exercising or why do you want to exercise?
2. What motivates you to exercise?
3. What activities do you like?
4. Do you enjoy exercising?
5. Can you commit to regular exercise?
6. How do you schedule and organize your day (including exercise)
7. Do you make a reasonable effort to exercise?
8. Do you avoid missing workouts?
9. Do you feel good after a workout?
Best of luck with your 2013 resolutions,